No standards related to this content.
Which group of standards are you looking for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students will be able to write a straightforward story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Give them time to brainstorm some topics.
- Let them best custom writing companies have several ideas such as for instance animals, toys, games, favorite food if they’re stuck and can’t think of anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a subject of interest to you personally.
- Draw a photo to go along with it. Show the learning students the way the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the students how you will choose words that describe your picture.
- Make an inventory and write those words regarding the board.
- Use 2-3 of these expressed words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students the way the sentences relate to the picture.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the learning students to think about several words that tell about the picture they drew.
- Ask them to write the expressed words on lined paper.
Independent working time
- Tell the students to think about sentences that tell about their pictures before they start writing.
- Have students turn and communicate with an elbow partner to describe the matter that is important for them orally using details that are relevant
- Ask them to write 1-2 sentences about the image.
- Enrichment: Encourage advanced students to publish a paragraph about their picture. They might desire to add additional pictures and writing, encourage them to do so.
- Support: Struggling students may give attention to correct spelling. Because this is beginning writing, encourage them to sound out words or phonetically write them. It is possible to assist them.
- Collect the papers.
- Read the sentences. Check to ensure they match the picture and stayed on topic.
- If students stayed on topic, they can write more independently.
- Meet individually with students who may need help that is extra. Continue reading ‘Beginning essay Writing: Exactly About Me’ »